Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Not Forgotten, just slow

I know that many of you think I have stopped  quilting on this little quilt.  The fact is simply that it has been taken out from under the needle a few times, but it keeps going back for more.   I have been a bit sick with a mystery respiratory ailment that has consistently tested NEGATIVE for covid.   So, that negative test has at least been a bit of a relief.     But, the illness did knock me out of the quilting "saddle" for a bit. 

I am feeling better, although I have some bronchitis that is lingering.  That is mostly annoying, but I also wear down a bit faster.    

I finally got all of the interior sashing and cornerstones quilting on this and now I am quilting a block at a time. That helps me to avoid "overdoing it."  

Here is the current photo of the quilting. 


If you are wondering, one of the reasons for taking this out from under the needle
is my compulsion to keep making the quilted faces.   So, YES there will be a new
one on Friday for the Face Off challenge. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your mystery illness is not Covid! Your quilting is always fun to see - and I'm looking forward to seeing Friday's face - ;))

Barbara said...

Your quilting is beautiful, as always! Get better!

Vicki W said...

I don't know if this will be of any help to you but years ago I had pneumonia twice and bronchitis 10 times in 1 12-month period. I got fed up with it and started researching vitamins. Found that vitamin A is important for lung function. I took high doses of it for about 3 months.....I might have actually taken it as beta Carotene. Regardless, after that I didn't have bronchitis again for over 20 years.

Quilting Gail said...

Beautiful quilting! Hope you feel better SOON!

DVArtist said...

Gene, I am sorry to hear you are having upper respiratory problem. I don't know about where you live, but here we have been in high pollen alert. I have never had allergies until this year. Whatever it is I am sending healing energy to you. Now for the quilt. OMGosh!!!! This is absolutely stunning. The colors, the layout, and the quilting are just gorgeous. You are so very talented. See ya tomorrow. Get some rest.