Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Starting A Face

This week I have started a new quilted face for Friday's FFO post. You may notice in the photo that the background has a red basting line around it.  As I will be mounting this on a canvas,  I designed that basting line to limit my work area. 

What you may also notice is that the head form almost blends into the background.
I will have to adapt for that. One thing that will help is the outline 
quilting that I will do on the head form. This is essentially how I begin
most of my faces, although the basting outline is a new addition. 

Someone politely reminded me that I never again showed the puzzle that 
Mom and I started.  It has not only been completed but has since been
taken apart and put back in the box.  Luckily I did take a photo of the 
completed puzzle. 


There is one damaged piece. My brother's chihuahua will chew most anything that is dropped from 
the table as he thinks it is food. That piece fell to the floor while he was visiting. And thus 
it is damaged. 
I still managed to get the piece in place although the damage is pretty obvious. 
Ah well, we had fun and that is what counts. 

I also put a version of an older song on my YouTube channel. 
This is me singing and playing, although there is only 
a still picture and no true video. 




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this week's face. It's always interesting to see how you "create" stuff. The puzzle came together nicely - even with the chewed piece - I think it gives the puzzle some character - haha. And I agree - we sure could use some good news today - ;))

Jeanna said...

This week's face is already off to a great start. Looking forward to seeing it on Friday.

Barbara said...

Looks like another winning face in progress.I love your background fabric and am thinking it’s one of your hand-dyed pieces. The head form and background are indeed both blues but I don’t see them in danger of blending into each other anywhere. Their values are different enough to keep from happening.

Vicki W said...

I finished a puzzle at a friend's house a year or so ago. She had started it 3 months earlier. There were 5 pieces missing, all eaten by her golden retriever! That dog loves paper.