Friday, September 16, 2022

Friday Face Off 9/16/22

Welcome to the September 16th version of the Friday Face Off.  For today's "challenge" I have created another quilted face using both batik and hand dyed fabrics.  I love working with both of these fabrics when I am creating.  The colors are richer because they penetrate through the fabric.  Batiks are also a type of  dyed fabric rather than a printed fabric.  This means that you can use either side of the fabric (in most cases) to create as you wish. 

The background for this face is a lovely red/orange that blends into a rich yellow. 
Belinda


The hair is all made of batik fabrics as are the clothing and the nose. 
I believe that all of the other fabrics are hand dyed. 
While nearly all of the quilting is done with black to achieve 
a sketched quality, the face is quilted with a green thread. 
The background is quilted with a yellow thread. 
Soon, the piece will have a black fused binding added.
Then it will be mounted on a black-edged art canvas for ease of hanging. 

I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is a great opportunity
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Well done

Iris Flavia said...

This is beautiful!!!!

dmZapp said...

Your talent shines, I’ve never seen a face that is quilted and this adds to your unique ability at quilting. Hooray.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE her! What's her name? - ;))

Jeanna said...

She is very fancy, Gene. This is my favorite of your faces, so far.

NatureFootstep said...

wow. I love this colorful lady :)

DVArtist said...

OHHHH she is awesome. I love everything about her. And eyelashes? You are the master. Thank you so much for joining Friday Face OFF.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I don't know how you do this ... it is simply amazing and beautiful. Do you have a shop where one could purchase one of your beauties?

Andrea @ From the Sol