Friday, September 23, 2022

Friday Face Off 9/23/2022

For today's Face Off, I am sharing this pen drawing done over a watercolor background.  This started by just playing with watercolor paints to see "what would happen, if...."  
The man in the picture is purely from my imagination, as are most
of the faces I create.  I used black sharpies in both fine and extra-fine
sizes for a variety of line widths. I also used a white paint
marker to add the white accents. 
I always have fun drawing, I don't know why I don't do more drawing. 

I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.
In other news,  I am now in rehearsals for a musical play with 
the local community theatre.  While it is hard work, I am 
having a great time.  We will be performing
"The Rocky Horror Show"
I auditioned specifically for the Ensemble because I know most of the songs
already.  The director has placed me in a cameo as the "Father of the Bride"
in the opening number.  Also, I may have some solo lines to sing in a
song or two. I am certainly not hesitant to take that on.  I have 
become far more confident in my singing ability in the last
couple of years. Hopefully at some point I will have video clips to share with you. 
For now, here is a video of me singing a bit of  the opening number. 
I hope the video works for you. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...Gene, your talents seem to be endless, keep strumming!

sirkkis said...

Your drawing/painting is wonderful!
Happy FFO ;)

DVArtist said...

OMG you are so awesome! Art, acting, and singing?!!! I loved the video. You made my day. Why? Because not many could pull of a ty-dye shirt and a ball cap. You rock it. Thanks for joining FFO.

Jeanna said...

Love today's face, Gene. Congratulations on all your 'parts' in the musical. Thanks for sharing all of your talents with us.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow. I cannot paint anything from imagination - very well done!

"The Rocky Horror Show"!!! We went (is it the same?) to the "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" when studying, throwing rice and TP-rolls, it was such fun!
You do GREAT - I´m thrown back in time!
Thank you!
Now I want to see it again!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love the "zentangle" doodles and your "face" this week. Congratulations on being cast in Rocky Horror - sounds like a lot of work and a lot of FUN! Love your shirt and ball cap - and your video, too! I agree with DVArtist - You rock it - ;))

Christine said...

Lovely art and enjoyed your video!

Carola Bartz said...

Goodness Gene - you surprise me every time! I love love love the video of you singing. You really are a multi talent. Good luck with the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

My name is Erika. said...

Great face drawing, and congrats for the part in the Rocky Horror Show. That must be so much fun! hugs-Erika

Fundy Blue said...

Great face, Gene, and I enjoyed your video clip. I love RHPS, and it's so cool that you are performing in a production!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my goodness ... you must have so much joy in your life and bless you for sharing your talents with us. Loved the painting/ink drawing and especially loved your video (did you make that tie die shirt?). So I tried emailing you and it wouldn't go through so I had asked if you had a store where you sold your beautiful creations ... my email is ajpdna@gmail.com.
I hope we will get more video from the musical you are in ... so much fun. I love it all ...

Andrea @ From the Sol