Friday, September 09, 2022

Friday Face Off Sept 9 2022

Somehow Friday arrived "too quickly" this week.  Honestly, it has been a busy week.  

Today's entry into the Friday Face Off is a quilted face.  A local friend told me that it looks "much more normal" than my other faces.  I opted to use a single fabric for the face and neck.  The background is one of my painted fabrics. 

The colors are not true in this photo, but I could not get them to come out correctly. 
 
I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is a great opportunity
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.


In other news, I  auditioned for a musical play with the local community
theatre. This was the first audition session and only six people were there 
to audition. After the singing part of the auditions, we were taught a couple of
 dance combos for a couple of songs in the show. When we were finished, 
the director spoke to us and said "All of you are in the show.  You all did
well and we can use you." So, I will be performing in this play 
at the end of October.  I am sure it will be hard work but also a lot of fun. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...remind your friend that "normal" is a setting on a washer!

Iris Flavia said...

Very beautiful craft-work and wow to being in a musical! Have fun!!!!

Christine said...

Good work Gene and congrats on winning a place from the audition.

DVArtist said...

First off this is FABULOUS!!! I love this guy. The fabric choice is perfect as is the quilting. Wow! in a show. Be sure to have someone video it so we can all enjoy your performance. Thank you Gene, for joining in with Friday Face OFF.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

"Normal" and creative! I LOVE how you can show us a whole "person" using a few fabrics - and some quilty swirls in his cheeks - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS on getting a part in the upcoming musical!! That sounds like FUN!! - ;))

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad you are getting back on the stage again!