Friday, December 23, 2022

An Early Merry Christmas to You

First of all, I want to say Merry Christmas to all of you that celebrate Christmas. Today I am sharing two small wall hanging quilts that will be Christmas presents. I don't think either of the recipients read my blog. If they do the only surprise will be which one they get.  

Since this is also a Friday post,  I hope you notice that there is a face on each of them. 


Some of you who saw yesterday's post may see that the trees are constructed with the hearts and of course the stars became the tree toppers. 

And just one more photo to show how much love I put into these - I did some of the quilting with metallic thread. That stuff is a booger to quilt with. 


I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

18 comments:

roentare said...

The colour pallet is quite chilled and cool. Love the tonal impression.

sirkkis said...


Asolutely the beautiful quilts, Gene. Love the design and elegant colors.
I wish you a Merry Christmas, my friend 💖

Valerie-Jael said...

Your quilts are fabulous, so many fantastic details ti seee and enjoy! Merry Christmas to you and yours, keep warm! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...either one would be a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas, Gene.

Gillena Cox said...

OMG i luv luv luv the quilts you share.
Merry Christmas Gene. Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much🌲love

DVArtist said...

I always read what you have to say and then slowly scroll down to see the beauty. Seriously, my jaw dropped and my breath was taken. Gene, whomever is getting these gifts are very lucky. Just magnificent. The stitching is master work. Thank you so much for joining FFO. Have a very happy Christmas, Gene.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, that metallic thread decides which day it will be nice and too many days when it is a problem.
Merry Christmas! I hope you don't get the cold weather.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Gene!
Your trees are delightful and will make wonderful gifts! That metallic thread was a great addition - ;))

Christine said...

Lovely work! Merry Christmas!

Vicki W said...

I love them! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Iris Flavia said...

Hope your friends... are surprised either way, these are wonderful!
A very Merry Christmas to you!
And a cozy one, too. Seems it´s cold? (Here it warmed up, and it rains).

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Gene, they are both just perfect! I'm sure the recipients will love them. Merry Christmas to you!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I'm sure the recipients will be delighted. Happy Christmas.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

What lovely gifts and I hope you tell whoever is receiving them what a booger they were to make, so that they can appreciate what your did for them :) Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah whichever fits your beliefs, Gene ... Hope you are warm and comfortable this Holiday season.

Andrea @ From the Sol

My name is Erika. said...

What a lovely holiday piece Gene. Merry Christmas to you!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for the late visit, but I lost my internet on Friday when a storm hit my area and before I could check out your fabulous quilts. I love both of these. They are spectacular. I also want to wish you a belated Happy Holidays.


NatureFootstep said...

cool snowman faces. Love the winter scenes.

Wishing you a Happy New Year :)

Fundy Blue said...

Whoever gets one of these beautiful quilted pieces is very lucky