Friday, December 30, 2022

Travel Faces

One of my favorite travel destinations is in Mexico.  So today for the face off, I am sharing a couple of older photos from my travels.

First up is a fun bit of art from a museum that I visited in Merida Mexico.  

These two characters were larger than life.

Next up is a photo of me on a Mexican beach.
I have no idea which beach this was, but I have a Mexican haircut in the photo.
When I travel, I like to get a haircut in every foreign country I visit. 
A couple of places (cruise stops) that hasn't been possible.
But if I am there for a week, I will be getting a haircut if possible. 
My motto: It is just hair, it will grow back. 
I see that I wasn't smiling - but I was having a good time.
The fact is that the sun was blinding me and I was trying to keep my eyes open. 


I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

sirkkis said...

Wonderful Mexican dolls! Lucky you have hair to cut 😄 A nice habit, indeed!
Happy and healthy New Year 2023, Gene👍🥰

Christine said...

Nice and warm!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Mexico! 2006 we had the privilege to visit, too!
But I sure would not cut my hair, mine grows soooooo slow! Fun idea, though and also a big WOW on your comment on my blog.
If everybody was as shy as I am (I do better, bit by bit)... people would lose out on a lot of art and fun!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I remember those Mexican dolls - great faces! Lovely beach - and haircut - ;))

DVArtist said...

Gene I do love this post. Mexico is one of my favorite places to visit as well. Ahhh a hair cut in the places you visit. Very cool. I want to thank you for being the second person to join FFO. Barbara being the first. Your faces and artistry bring such joy. Wishing you the very best for 2023.

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun idea to get a haircut as you visit new countries. I hope you have photos of them all. Years ago I walked into Tijuana but that's as far as I've made it into Mexico. That museum looks great. Happy New Year Gene. I hope you have great 2023! hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, stay safe and healthy!

Fundy Blue said...

What fun Mexican people, Gene. The water in the photo of you is amazing. Terry and I just had our first trip to Mexico since we met. It is a marvelous place, and I love the people. Happy New Year to you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lovely Mexican dolls and so nice to "meet" you. Nice local haircut, too. Happy New Year wishes to you and your loved ones.