Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Following the Journey

Are you creative? Are you fascinated by the creativity of others? Do you wonder about the process?


A friend of mine is a woodcarver who makes delightful Father Christmas figures from cypress knees. Amazingly, one of the cypress knees, Nick, has decided to blog about his journey from the swamps of Louisiana to Alabama where he will no longer be a swamp-dwelling “knee” but will become a work of art. Nick’s journey has begun and will continue for many months.



Both Nick and Tom (the carver) would love for you to follow Nick’s journey. As an incentive I will be posting a giveaway in the weeks to come for those who decide to follow this blog. The prize is, as yet, undecided. Once it is decided, I will post an entry detailing the prize and entry requirements (mainly it will be following and posting to let me know you are a follower that got there from my blog.)



I recommend that you start following now, and read the previous entries to get up to date on Nick’s journey.

This is a painting I did of Father Christmas.

Gene

6 comments:

lesthook said...

LOL! I have a cypress knee clock...somewhere!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

This is so cool, Gene. Last night, DH and I were discussing chain saw sculptures. I asked him is he could even conceive of doing that, since we had been doing alot of saw work. He explained to me that a sculptor envisions the outcome when he sees the piece of wood, or clay, or whatever. I could never even carve wood. This is going to be fun to follow.
Oh, yeah, I am.

Barb said...

Love your painting.....

quiltingnana said...

I decided to follow Nick's journey!

Rhonda said...

Gene, this is a great idea......following the process and learning something new.

Micki said...

I really love your painting...gorgeous!
Micki