Thursday, March 04, 2010

Mail is in!

Today I got one box in the mail.  It made me very  very happy.  I got the Simple Abundance jelly roll I won at "Crazy Old Ladies Quilts"    I got it home and of course had to open the roll and look at the fabrics in person.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM!  Nice!  Then I got the block I made for the first week and put the strips from the roll next to it, and a little overlapping.   OOoohhh!  Happy Happy,  I picked well and the block will fit right in with all the rest that I make from the  Simple Abundance.  Just look:

The red outside border on the block is from another Moda jelly roll - that was already partially used. I think it is L'Amour by Sandy Gervais.  The red from it will play nicely with the Simple Abundance reds. Plus there are pinks, aquas and greens that play well with my other choices in the block. 

I am so ready for the next block. But it is not till March 15th, I think.   
Are you ready for spring?  I am   Spring means Easter, flowers, and bunnies and good days ahead.  Look in the side bar and see the bunny. Click on it and find out a secret. 

9 comments:

Pat said...

The jelly roll looks like it will be perfect!!! I was expecting my Quilts for Kids kit today based on an email I got yesterday, but it didn't get here yet. :(

luv2quilt2 said...

Love your block and the jelly roll will work with it really well.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, yeah, you know I'm ready for spring. You really did do well in your fabric choices! That is all going to look great together. March 15th will be here before you know it! We "spring forward" on the 14th which means I lose an hour of sleep. I would prefer to skip DLT and just keep the clocks where they are! When I'm sewing it matters not whether it's light or dark outside!

eva said...

I really enjoyed your tutorial on the block in five seams...... I can't wait to try it....

xo
eva

Tangos Treasures said...

Yeah for you!1 Love the block & the colors do go nicely together!
Spring yes I'm ready!
Going to find out a secret??!!

ooglebloops said...

Wow - definitely a happy dance going on at your mailbox!!!LOL

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Wonderful. Happiness in the mail. What could be better.

Pat

Micki said...

Boy, the jelly roll really goes perfectly with that block..how nice! I am indeed ready for spring, but we won't get it around here for a while. lOL
Micki

Bunny said...

Don't you just love receiving packages in the mail. Your block will be so nice. Love all the colours.