Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St Patrick

For St Patrick's day, I made a dish called Bubble and Squeak. If you click on it -it will take you to the recipe. I did not add the sauce.   I had some for supper last night and will have some for lunch today. Mmmm.. I am part Irish, I couldn't resist.

May you always have
Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire!
(and may I add - good Irish music to lighten your heart!)

If you're enough lucky to be Irish...
You're lucky enough!

Borrowed from Wikipedia:
Pious legend credits  Patrick with teaching the Irish about the concept of the Trinity by showing people the shamrock, a 3-leaved clover, using it to highlight the Christian belief of 'three divine persons in the one God' (as opposed to the Arian belief that was popular in Patrick's time)

6 comments:

Pat said...

Top 'o the mornin' to you, my friend (and a good rest of the day, too). :)

Joanne Lendaro said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to you!! thanks for the link to the recipe web site, hadn't seen that one before. Added to my fav's, I LOVE to cook! Hope you have a great day, and wore green so you won't get pinched!

Tangos Treasures said...

Yummm I love bubble & squeak!! I watched the Two Fat Ladies make it on Food network, hilarious!
Happy St Patrick's Day to you too!!

Valrie said...

Yummy, I'll have to try the recipe! I am in the Good Eggs and wanted to stop by and say hi! HOP over and say hi!

Valrie http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com

Royce said...

oh my gosh I've wanted a recipe for Bubble and Squeak for years. I just never think to look for it. I will surly try this. I first heard of it on an English show Wind and The Willows which I have all on DVD now.

Micki said...

It is a popular recipe here, so I am sure that you are licking your chops.
Happy st. Paddy's Day to you my Irish lad.
Micki