Thursday, December 30, 2010

Creativity Experiment

Before I get started on the rest of this post, Did you notice my new blog design? Tonya  mentioned that she just noticed I had pages.  My lightbulb went off and I said "My tabs are not easily seen."  I fixed it.   I really like the new layout.

I have been reading various things that are supposed to help creativity.  I have done this before and found that some of these things work for me.
Honestly after all the rush getting things ready for Christmas, I feel like I need a break.  So one of the (hopefully) simple things I am going to do is take a "time out" from sewing and blogging for a couple of weeks.  Now, I am not promising that I can make it two weeks.  I am hoping that this will let my creativity stew up some great idea and get back on track.

Now, I know that I can't take a blogging break without letting some of you know it. A year or so ago, I went on a cruise and didn't buy the internet package - Whoa!  I got back ashore and discovered that someone actually missed me.  A couple of you were ready to call out the CIA, FBI and any other agency that could track me down. (Thanks, that made me feel really good, after I got over thinking "what? I can't take a week off?")  So for this break I am saying "Hey y'all, I am fine, I just need a rest"  

That said, I may have to come online a bit to read some of you blogs so I don't fall too far behind. (LOL, I do have a bit of a net addiction you know)  But if I don't comment, don't worry, I will be back. With any luck, I will be better than ever.

So as this is probably my last post for this year - let me say:  Happy New Year to you!  I hope your 2011 is filled with love, wonder and lots of good times.
Peace be with you till we meet again. I plan to have some fun things going the next time I post.

Oh yes, so many of you have been wonderful to me this year.  Thanks for making my year so good.


PS.  I will NOT be replying to comments on this post.  I hope you understand - it is part of the break thing.
See ya mid-January.

21 comments:

Stephanie Hughes said...

We will miss you and all of your supportive comments. Please come back rested and ready to blog again. Take it easy, I know I am right now too. Happy New Year! Steph

Unknown said...

You'll be missed, Gene! Come back refreshed and ready to create create create!

Cindy said...

Have a wonderful "break-thing". You'll be missed and then welcomed back with open "blogs"...LOL

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I hope your break lets the creative juices flow. Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Kaye said...

Enjoy! Such a nice present to yourself. May the New Year bring you much Happiness and Good Health. We will be thinking of you !!!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Enjoy your little vacation and Happy New Year!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Happy Relaxin'!

Unknown said...

Oh my, what will I do? Oh yeah, I know....stalk you on FB. Love ya

Chartreuse Moose said...

Thank you for all of the wonderful blog posts in 2010...now go rest, recharge...find inspiration...and we'll look forward to wonderful new things on your blog in 2011! Happy, happy new year!

Sarah said...

Happy New Year Gene! I hope 2011 will bring some more penny whistle concerts.

Vesuviusmama said...

Enjoy your hiatus, and thanks for letting us know in advance so we don't worry and fret!

Micki said...

Enjoy your break! I am sure that you will have a restful time. I can see in the midst of your resting, the creative juices will still be flowing thinking of future projects.
Happy New Year to you too!
Micki

Pat said...

Enjoy your break. I may have to do that myself soon. :)

Rhonda said...

I understand completely.......I've been spotty with posting lately....Enjoy the break!

MoeWest said...

Happy New Year Gene! Enjoy the break. I myself would have to be on a cruise or on a desert island or something to stay off the internet for two weeks.

GerryART said...

Good Luck with your 'break'.
time to put the feet up and dream.

We'll be awaiting your return when you'll be hot to trot.

Happy Break Hugs,
Gerry

SewCalGal said...

I like your new layout too. Hope you have a nice break and a very happy 2011.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Melissa ;-) said...

Good for you, Gene! Enjoy yourself and rest up. It takes a lot of energy to keep us all entertained!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh Gene....I would have definitely sent Barb's husband hot on your trail had you just disappeared....THANK YOU for letting us know!!!

Enjoy every minute of your break....breaks are good for the soul.

I'll do my best to stay out of the bushes in your yard with my camera....some of us might go through Gene withdrawl and need a little update...and you know I have IHAN undercover folks posted coast to coast....so look out!!! Snickers :)

Hugs,
Kelly

Cyndi said...

Hey Gene...I'm just catching up on blogs from my Christmas break. Believe me, I understand - we all need a break once in a while! Enjoy yours and we'll all still be here when you get back!

Hope 2011 is your BEST year ever, with lots of new creative ideas!

XOXO,

Cyndi

GeeGee said...

Will miss reading your posts, enjoy your break and Happy New Year!!!