Monday, May 16, 2011

Back in Style

After getting the convergence quilt layered over the weekend, (and yes, I did piece the back) I couldn't resist quilting it this evening.  I put on a movie because the distraction keeps me from getting too tense and tight with the quilting.  All I can say is "that is what works for me!" 
 There it is, quilted and laying across my sewing table. 














Of course I gave you a peek at the back in my last post, but I thought I needed to share more of it. The end pieces are a mottled gray that has a very slight blue tint. The purple batik is just a fun fabric that I liked as it echoes the color from the front. I put the yellow stripe off center to make it a little more interesting visually. All the pieces of the back are different sizes so that is it asymmetrical.  I think this quilt is one that I would alternate which side is up. I have never made a back that I like this well. 
The quilting on this is a bit different. It is similar to my wavy grid pattern.  However, for this I did some deeper curves and some that were more shallow again to give a variety for visual interest. 

I love the interesting shapes that it makes.   
Now I have to decide what fabric I will use as a  binding for this little beauty of a quilt. 



9 comments:

JJ said...

Wow that turned out very pretty.

HoneySage said...

The colors are fabulous! I am glad I found you!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Front and back are equally gorgeous! I like the quilting you did, too :)

Unknown said...

This has become a real tour de force! I agree, the back is a wonderful as the front. I love that purple batik! I keep saying I'm going to get some batiks but I chicken out at the last minute.

ooglebloops said...

You are the king of color!! Love it!!!

Pat said...

Great job, Gene! I love how you can get great quilting accomplished while watching a movie! :)

Katrina said...

Great job! Do you have more of the blue for the binding?

Tangos Treasures said...

It looks fabulous!!

Barbara said...

LOVE IT! And your quilting stitches are so evenly spaced. Great quilt!