Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Got that baby bound!

I managed to squeeze in a little sewing in the past couple of days.  I cut the binding for the baby quilt one night and started sewing it.  Finally tonight I got it all finished. (except for a label!)
As you can see, I used two colors of binding fabric.  I sewed two fat quarters together on the long edge before I cut the binding strips. So now it has both pink and green binding.  When you cut binding that way I demonstrated the strips are various lengths which adds to the scrappy look of the binding. (If you nissed the demo there is a tab at the top that says "Videos - Quilting"  Just scroll down till you find it.  Right now it is second.) 

I also am working on the other quilt along block.  But for now I am sleepy - so it is off to bed. 

I hope you have a great time being creative today! 


13 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I love the colors in this quilt. Good night...I am off to bed too. You were the last blog in my reader. :P

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks great!!

ooglebloops said...

Love the colors - it's both modern and retro at the same time- great colors for a baby!!

pj said...

Beautiful!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I would never have thought about sewing the two fat quarters together before cutting out the strips - sometimes you just need to hit me over the head for things to make sense - thanks for the knock in the ol' noggin :)

Melissa ;-) said...

Love it, Gene!

GerryART said...

Thanks for the videos, I watched a couple of them and learned something new from each.
Gerry

Unknown said...

I have loved this quilt from the beginning, and the scrappy border makes it even better!

VickiT said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors.
How are you doing on the embroidery machine lately?

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oooo pretty! I love to do the binding. So fun.
xx, shell

Quilt Genius said...

I have never pieced binding, but I always love the look!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Dana said...

lovely :-)

Barbara said...

Been away, catching up. I do this a LOT, use smaller pieces sewn together to make a varied and multi-colored binding. I see that you have also used the "L" trick to give a nice diagonal connection. I love the look of this quilt!