Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Here's the Back- Baby Quilt

Last night I got the back for the baby quilt  pieced and the batting cut.  Tonight I basted it, quilted it and trimmed it!  Wow! I was in high gear.  
I used MistyFuse  to baste it.  (just cut little pieces approximately an inch square and use them where you would use pins)  Then I quilted it with a wavy grid which is really fast and easy.  I do it free motion, but I forgot to lower the feed dogs.  Guess what?! It worked just fine. 


So here is the back after it was quilted and trimmed.  


I was really aiming to have the pieced stripe above center, but it came out almost perfectly centered.  I couldn't have done that if I tried! 




All I need to do now is bind this sweet little quilt. 


7 comments:

Pat said...

I've never used Misty Fuse and don't think I've seen it in any stores around here, either. Sounds like a great time saver instead of all the pinning. The back of the quilt looks super. Did you decide on a color for the binding yet?

Barb said...

The back looks fantastic.....you sure were in the zone.

I have machine quilted with the feed dogs up, when I first started it gave me the control I needed. Maybe you should demo a misty fuse pinning?

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The backing is almost as cheery as the front. Love it!!

Barbara said...

Uh oh, Gene, you are becoming too symmetrical! Love the back as it is, and the quilting takes my breath away. Bet you did that while watching TV, don't know how you do it!

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

Very nice, I love the fabrics you used.

Micki said...

Very cute quilt Gene...it is a happy quilt!
Micki

Sheila said...

Thanks for the great tip , I have misty fuse but never thought of using it that way but definitely will now! Love the back of the little quilt :-)