Monday, May 02, 2011

Stay at Home Robin - quilted

The entire quilt

This part shows the embroidery on the pink square as well as my appliqued star.

 This picture shows the wavy grid quitling I did on this little piece.  You just do free motion wavy lines in both directions and it forms a grid - this is easy quilting but it looks nice!

In other news, I pieced the back for the baby quilt. I am not sure you will see that before it is quilted.  I may just quilt the baby quilt with the wavy grid.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like that wavy grid. It adds much more interest than a basic straight line. I'm going to have to try that!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your quilting looks great!!

Tangos Treasures said...

It looks great!!!

Pat said...

That looks great, Gene, and that wavy grid seems like it might be a nice choice for the baby girl quilt you are making.

Barbara said...

Looks wonderful, so scrappy, colorful and that wavy grid is perfect. I've only done straight line machine quilting, but it's not easy. Will have to try this sometime!

Barb said...

So actually you get two quilts from one....looks wonderful!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The quilt is so bright and cheery! I love the little special add ons like the appliqued star and the special embroidery.

Rhonda said...

Yours looks great all quilted. I'd better get mine done very soon ... LOL...
yet another project on my list of things to do.