Saturday, May 21, 2011

Little Zipper Pouches

First let me say, I hope the recipients aren't reading my blog. If they are it will lessen the surprise. 


I have some friends who are moving away. (if this is you stop NOW!) 




I wanted to give them a little something that would serve as a reminder of our friendship.  So I decided to make each of them a little zipper pouch.  (A la Tonya at Tonya's Sewing Room go give Tonya some bloggy love.)  These are made by fusing the lining to the outer fabric. I used WonderUnder this time, because I had it on hand.  If you do any fusing at all you may have accidentally gotten some fusible on your iron.  UGH!  What a mess!!! 


I did not do that today, but I have in the past.  Lucky for me I remembered reading Laura Wasilowski's blog Artfabrik  and seeing the secret to getting it off the sole plate.  She mentioned two ways, but one I had on hand.  The secret weapon?  A dryer sheet. Sounds crazy huh?   You put it between two scrap pieces of fabric, place this on the edge of the ironing board and scrape the hot iron over it a few times.  The glue will come right off.  (you can read the whole post here


Oh, you are wanting to see the pictures  aren't you?  
Here ya go!
Fronts
Click to enlarge


Backs
Click to enlarge

Yes, these are friends I truly love - I put in zippers for them. 



12 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Great bags Gene....you did a nice job.

Smiles,
Kelly

Unknown said...

Your friends are going to love these! Perfect size, and they've got style, baby! :)

Pat said...

They are terrific, Gene! Your friends are very lucky. (I need to go read about getting the gunk off the iron now.)

Rhonda said...

What thoughtful gifts.......you did great with those zippers!

Barb said...

Oh...I love zipper bags, your friends will love them.

Tangos Treasures said...

Very nice!1 Your friends are gonna love them!!

Barbara said...

Very perfect!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Funny how the volume of your love for them is measured by your zipper use! I COMPLETELY get it! :)

Unknown said...

look at you going to town on zippers now...great job

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I use parchment paper between my iron and fabrics and also the fabrics and the ironing board. I haven't' used wonder under before so I don't know if that would work or not.

Cute pouches!

Royce said...

LOVE the one with cranes on the front. Yes putting in zippers is true love. Great job.

SewCalGal said...

Very cute bags Gene. You did a great job. You are so very thoughtful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com