Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back of the Seeds -and Winnings

The Chinese Coins quilt is proceeding nicely.  I have been using leftovers, scraps if you will, to piece the back.  I have a picture of the back, but I promise it looks better in person. The wonkiness of it is totally part of the plan!
There are leftovers from the front of the Chinese coins.  There are pieces from the fronts of several quilts. I think it will be a fun scrappy back on the quilt. If no one loves it enough to buy it, I will be happy to keep it. 
I have been very fortunate lately to win some delightful prizes.(picture later in this post!) 
  I won the book "Spotlight on Neutrals" by Pat Wys, from Pat's Silver Thimble Talk Blog.  Pat kindly included a spool of Aurifil Thread that is already in my machine. It sews wonderfully smooth!

I also won a Sullivan's The Cutting Edge Ruler from a Pat Sloan Blog Hop. The postal service was a bit rough on the package, so the ruler arrived with a crack in one side. (ouch!)  I did a redneck repair with clear packing tape and was still quite happy with the ruler. The edge really does sharpen while you cut.  When Pat Sloan emailed and asked if I received the ruler, I told her the what had happened and that I had repaired it and was happy.  She insisted that I needed a perfect ruler.  So I am expecting a replacement any day.  Wow, that is really how to care for a customer- even when the customer didn't even purchase, but just won.  Thanks Pat!
I also won a spool of quilting thread, Rainbows by Superior Threads, from Domestic Anarchy.  I am using it to quilt the Chinese Coins quilt. I really like this thread. 
Oh yes, here is the picture of the winnings -except the Aurifil that was already in the machine when I took the picture. 
I put an oval around the crack in the ruler so you can see where it is. It is not on the sharpening edge thank goodness. 
There is also a Domestic Anarchy magnet that came with the quilting thread. It is on my fridge now!
Thanks to all the lovely bloggers who gave these delightful prizes.   I am enjoying every one of them thoroughly. 


15 comments:

Amy said...

Gene - Congrats on all of your lovely prizes! You made out like a bandit this week. I know you will enjoy the goodies and put them to good use! Was good to hear your review of the ruler. I've been wondering about the sharpening ability.

Unknown said...

shame on the post office, goodness

Pat said...

What great winnings and how nice of Pat Sloan to get you a replacement. Your "coin" quilt backing looks like it's a fun one!

luv2quilt2 said...

Congratulations on your winnings.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Great wins - congratulations!! Love the wonky backing and look forward to seeing the entire piece :)

Rhonda said...

I love the idea of using scraps for the backing.... great!!!

Anonymous said...

Gene...go get you a lottery ticket!!! Run...don't walk!!! I spied another win from Cyndi as well.

Patty said...

great gifties, I won Pat Wys's book too!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Congratulations on all your goodies. Looks like you can still use the ruler. Let me know how you like it!

Have a great day!

SewCalGal said...

Your Chinese Coins quilt is going to be wonderful.

Congratulations on all the great prizes. I'm truly very happy for you. Enjoy!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love your back art, and congratulations on your winnings! I've never attended one of Pat's workshops, so I'm looking forward to it on our cruise next week.

JJ said...

What fun wins. It sure lifts one spirits to win.

Anonymous said...

That ruler sounds exactly like what I need! Great! Too bad the postal service roughed it up. I have a couple of broken rulers (my own fault though).
And Superior and Aurifil are both great companies. I'm curious to know which you like better! ;-)

Linda E in NM said...

And now I see that you have won a Beam and Read light! Boy, you're hot on giveaways this year
Congrats!

JudyCinNC said...

Congrats to you Gene - we do like our gifties, don't we? I also received one of Pat's rulers and got the 6.5" x 18.5" one and love it. Recently received a free charm pack just because the shipper was late sending an order to me. Online vendors are sure trying and very conscientious of customer service. Enjoy !!! Judy C www.shadetreequilting.com