Thursday, October 06, 2011

Book Review- The Devil's Puzzle

A few posts back, I asked if you read mysteries. Today I am going to review the latest mystery I have finished. (True confession: I have already started another one. I love to read.) 
I must tell you that this book was given to me by the publicist.  I had however, already read two books in this series. One was a gift, the other I bought.  I will say that getting the book free did not influence  my review. 


The book is The Devil's Puzzle (A Someday Quilts Mystery) by Clare O'Donohue.  --Later in the month, I hope to have a guest post by Ms. Clare O'Donohue. (I love that Irish name!) 


This book is part of a series that features a twenty-something woman (Nell Fitzgerald) as the main character.  I like Nell because she reminds me of myself. She is always curious about things.  Sometimes curiosity can put you in harm's way. Even though the victim in this book is already a skeleton, there are plenty of living suspects. And since the skeleton was found in Nell's grandmother's back garden, how could Nell help but become involved in the investigation.  
There are several twists and turns in this delightful plot.  Every time I was convinced that _____ did it, another possible clue would make me wonder if I was right or wrong. 
I found this to be a very entertaining read.  As I had already read the first two books in the series, so the characters were like old friends.  Later in the month, along with the guest post by the author, I will be giving away a copy of this book. The winner will get a NEW copy, not the one I read.


I am still debating posting the tutorial on my quilt. Only five people mentioned wanting a tutorial.  You can see that post here - more comments requesting the tutorial could convince me to write it up. 



6 comments:

GerryART said...

Ok, Gene, I'm ready for your tutorial and
I truly love a mystery.

I, too, enjoy following the character[s] through a series. Just like comin' home, isn't it.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sounds like a great book. I love reading and since I can't read and sew at the same time I've been 'reading' a lot by listening to books on CD.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Ooooh sounds like a good book. I will have to hit my library soon and find the others.

I would like to see a tute for your quilt too!

Rhonda said...

Hi Gene, I love book reviews and tutorials, so tutor away, my friend!

Barbara said...

I'm always looking for a book to read, and one like this sounds perfect. I love your quilt, but I have to admit I have so many other projects going begging right now that I proabably won't take on a new one. Others might though!

MyCretanlife said...

Go on be a devil and give us a tutorial. The book sounds good too.