Tuesday, October 04, 2011

I won two ways

First of all, I won a Sullivans Cutting Edge ruler from Pat Sloan. This was part of a blog hop. The nice thing (besides winning) is that I got to choose the ruler I wanted. Thanks to Pat Sloan AND to Victoria at BumbleBeans blog where I happened to win.


The second way I "won" was that I had a winning idea.  I was waking up from a nice nap when I had this idea.  What if I took a simple quilt block/pattern and made a minor change.  First I did it by drawing and coloring on paper. It looked good.  So I grabbed some fabric and some 5" squares to do with it and started.  This is four blocks joined together.  It measures approximately 26" square and was pretty easy.  What do you think?
Would you like to know how to make this yourself? If I get enough comments on this post, I will do a quick quilty tutorial on making this block.  It is really easy.  My change made it faster to piece and there are LESS points to be matched up - that is always a plus in my book!

9 comments:

Quilting_Chris said...

Well, I think it's great and would love a short "tut" on this one. Very nice.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

A tutorial on the block would be great! Love the colors you used to create the block. Congrats on your win!

Rhonda said...

Way to go Gene!

Unknown said...

Great win! I'd love to know what you think of that ruler. I think that is a really cool block. I'd love to know how you did it!

Barb said...

My most inspirational moments come with my eyes closed....my son would always tease me about it...love your design....I am game...how'd ya do it?

Patti Williams said...

Congrats on your win!
Show us how to make this!!

Kathleen said...

I saw your name posted on the list of winners on Pat's blog....congratulations...it looks like a great ruler..I am going to Joanne's to see if they have them....since I did not win...I guess I will have to buy one..LOL

GerryART said...

Bring it on, Gene.

I'm rounding up fabric choices right now.

Teresa Quilts said...

Congratulations on your win, Gene! Of course, I would love to have a tutorial on this block. I never could figure it out. Thanks in advance!