Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Finished Quilt -and Seeds

The Stair Steps quilt is completed. The binding is on and the quilt has been washed.  My two workmates held it up for me after I promised that they wouldn't be in the picture.  But, you may see hands. First the front:
Then the reveal of the pieced back:


I love pieced backs, they are like a free second quilt. 


Now I have started planting the seeds of my next project. 
See this "mess" ?????


That isn't a mess, really.  It is the seeds - the beginning, the what ifs, of a new project.  I am thinking it will be a Chinese Coins type quilt.  But who knows where my muse will take me as the seeds start to grow.  I only know that I need to finish this one - quilted and bound - in a couple of weeks. 
So much to do, so little time.  How do you fit in extra time for quilting?  


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never tried a pieced back, I'm always afraid it will be "wonky". Silly me......I'm going to try it.

Barb said...

Love our quilt and seeds.....can't wait to see them grow!!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful quilt - front and back!! Congrats on another fantastic finish. I'm looking forward to seeing those seeds sprout.

Pat said...

It turned out really nice, Gene. I've not done a Chinese coin quilt yet......keep saying I'm going to do one...and WILL....someday!

Unknown said...

Looks terrific. I sure do love that piece back! I don't think I'd make a quilt anymore that didn't have at least a little sumpn' sumpn' on the back. It would be like pancakes without syrup!

Barbara said...

As always, striking colors, and the "back art" is great!