Saturday, October 08, 2011

Stair Steps

I have made some progress on the little quilt I am working on.  I am hoping to drum up some interest in a tutorial. Someone said "If you write it, they will come!"  The writing of the tutorial is in progress.  
Meanwhile, I will entertain you (I hope) with some pictures of the quilt top.  
First here is the top without the borders:


Next is the top with the borders I have added to it:


And there is nothing quite like finding your "humility block" while you are writing the blog post.  It is a minor "oops" so I am leaving it.  Just looking at the actual top, no one has noticed it. I see it in the picture, but most people (non-quilters anyway) won't see it. 

9 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I really like your design Gene! A lot can be done with it depending on the color of fabric chosen. I like the secondary and more subtle zig zag pattern.

Unknown said...

Well, I guess that means I am not a quilter, because I have no idea where your "humility block" is located! I will keep working on being a quilter, but not in order to find your mistake! :)

Pat said...

I saw it after I looked for it (when you mentioned it) but might not have noticed it otherwise. Looks like a fun quilt!

Petit Design Co. said...

reminds me of a game of Tetris :)

Unknown said...

normally I don't see oops, but I saw this one....it's totally fine....

Barbara said...

Nope, don't see it. I'm afraid I'd go cross-eyed trying to find it, so nope, not looking any further. It's great as is!

Twisted Quilts said...

You did it again Gene. This is a great quilt and I would love to see a tutorial. The colors are great.

Marjorie said...

Gene, that is a great quilt - I agree, it definitely needs a tutorial.

Beeshebags said...

I'm a wicked wicked woman....I noticed the 'humility block' and thought it must've meant to be there, and anyway, who am I to criticize anyone else's work....really! Love the tutorial up above for this....well done on re-inventing the wheel so to speak....tis the first 'alternate' version of the D9P I've seen and I love this block. Hugs Naomi