Thursday, November 22, 2012

Being Thankful

In the USA today is Thanksgiving.  Yesterday I mentioned being thankful for small things like the color yellow.  (But is that a small thing?)
Today I want to tell you a few things that I am thankful for.
I am thankful for:

  • little birds singing outside my windows;
  • that I have windows and a home; 
  • those bits of thread that I keep picking up off the carpet, they remind me that I have things like a sewing machine, needles, electricity, fabric and a creative mind to sew;
  • colors - there are so many shades, tones and hues of color to enrich my life. I am blessed to be able to use them in paint, fabric and other forms. I am blessed to be able to see color. 
  • food - I have food to eat and can usually be picky enough to eat only foods that I really like.
  • computers - they allow me another form of creativity.  They allow me to write this blog and share videos with wonderful people around the globe. 
  • coffee - I confess that I don't like to start a single day without a cup of black coffee. I realize it is a luxury not a necessity. I enjoy the warm cup in my hand as well as the intricate flavor of the brew. 
  • And of course, I am thankful for YOU.  Without readers and followers, (and commenters) writing a blog would be less fulfilling. Thank you for reading. 
Those are a few of the things for which I am thankful. 

If you like, tell me one thing that you are thankful for today. But please, regardless of where you live, take time to be thankful today. 

Here is some "color" for which I am thankful:








9 comments:

Dot Moore said...

Now I do not want to put a damper on the Thanksgiving spirit but I do want to tell you what I am so thankful for this year. My beloved husband of 56 years pass away in October. His illness of dementia was a long journey especially the last 18 months. But I am so thankful that I stayed healthy and was able to keep him at home until the end. No nursing homes and only a few days in the hospital. God was good to us and for that I just lift my hands in thankfulness. Have a happy thanksgiving and yes I am cooking for our children and grans that live close by.

luv2quilt2 said...

Like you I am very thankful for the small things in life. The older I get, the more they mean to me. Today I will get to spend the full day with my family around me. It's so wonderful to have them all here. I hope you're having a happy Thanksgiving, Gene.

sewfunquilts said...

Wonderful post, Gene. Thank you.

Today, I'm thankful for my hands and they are not hurting today.

hugs to you.

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for the fact that my family, even though they are far away, are well and happy.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Gene and Family!

I'm so very grateful for my eyesight, hearing, health, food to eat and so many things I can't list them all here. Just know, I'm thankful for you!

Hugs,
Kelly

Jocelyn said...

Wonderful post Gene. I am thankful for so many things. Health, family, friends, and in the last few years, the wonderful people I have met via blogging. It's such an amazing world :-) Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Thankful for the small things as well. Thankful for my E and all the progress he is making and working so hard.

Snoodles said...

I've been thinking about that lately....I'm so thankful to have my sight, and be able to play and create with color and fabric. So many small things are such big blessings!

Barbara said...

Lovely "thankies"...simple reminders for all not to take anything for granted....including color. You are "Gene Color Black", somewhat of an oxymoron. Or on second thought, maybe not since black is the result of all colors combined. :)