Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fabric & More

I have always  loved doodling, drawing and creating with colored pens. I have quite a collection of mini art pieces that I have made.  So a couple of them were converted into fabric after I carefully cropped them to make them repeat well.  Since I found out that Spoonflower will now print on Kona cotton again, I had these two printed on Fat Quarters so I could see if I wanted to have yardage printed.
I have made both of them available for sale on Spoonflower in case you just can't live without having some of my fabric for your very own.




I have to say that I love the top one best.  The colors are more saturated and it already looks "quilt like."
The lower one is interesting. I could really see fussy cutting some of the motifs from it.
Here are some of my favorite bits.


I think I would like this fabric more if I had made the image print larger.  However, I think it would be excellent made into a woman's dress.

I have won a couple of things  that I haven't posted.  First up is a cute kit I won from Color Me Quilty.
 You may not be able to read it, but the little quilt says "Gotta Quilt!"   Yeah, perfect for me.

Next up is a lovely collection of Flannel FQ's by Connecting Threads that I won on It's Sew Kiki.
I want to make something for me out of this.  I am thinking a nice lap quilt.  I am just not sure how I will proceed.
However,  I have some other projects lined up first.  Christmas is coming waaay too fast and I have to get Mom's present made.  And I have a baby quilt to make too!  Sometimes it is just too busy. ;-)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your wins!

Anonymous said...

Winning again!!! LOL Love your doodle designs - they translate well into fabric!!!!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Congratulations, winning is good! I like your fabrics, aren't you clever! I think the top one would make a lovely piece for stained glass blocks.

sewfunquilts said...

Congrats on your wins! Can't see the picture too well...but is that a cat holding some fabric?

I do like the upper fabric really well..lots of possibility for kaleidoscope blocks for both of them....Stack 'N Whack!

Barbara said...

Of course you like the top one best.mall are great, but that's the most colorful! Don't forget the Nana's Christmas gift too. ;)

Snoodles said...

Your designs are beautiful...congratulations on your wins!

Melissa said...

Love your prints! The first one really catches the eye, you are right about the saturated colors. Congrats on your fun wins!

Beth said...

Congrats on the wins!
The top fabric is way cool. I love the colors and the pattern.
Please keep creating!