Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Booth

The sale day has come and gone. My booth looked decent - ha ha....but after seeing Quilt Market pictures....well, you know.
Here is my booth.

I have a window area - which I used as a wall, at least as much as I could. I hung a quilt as a backdrop and put some paintings in the window.  I had a rack full of quilts too. There are even two on the table under the quilt rack. You may notice some open space on the table in the center.  I used that space to lay out my bookmarks.
  It was a beautiful day, in fact too beautiful for most people to be shopping. After several cold days, today was warm and sunny. So along with the not so great economy the weather and other events in town, sales were down this year.  I have lots of note cards left. Several of the bookmarks are left and a number of the quilts are still with me.  (Hey, I could do a trunk show!)  Anyway, I made my booth rental and some profit.  I even sold a small painting to a lovely lady who said "I think I just have to have this."  So I am happy.  Tired? Yes, but happy.  I suspect I will be listing some things on Etsy.

9 comments:

Pat said...

Sorry the turnout was a bit disappointing. Your display looks wonderful, though, and I'm sure it was very attractive to those who did attend.

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks great!! Yay!!! Congratulations!!

sewyouquilt2 said...

sorry sales were not brisk. your display was great. The colors catch your eye.

sewfunquilts said...

Booth looks bright & attractive. Glad u sold a painting & happy to hear u still hv notecards. Let me know when they r in your etsy shop.

visit my blog for a. giveaway.

Jackie said...

Looks as good as those at market!

Kate Brown said...

Your display looks great!! They are so much work though aren't they? You definitely had a nice assortment of things to sell. I am sorry sales were done but so glad you are happy at the end of it. Thats what counts!

Beth said...

The booth looks great. Sure would make me stop and shop.
Glad you made a profit even if sales were down this year.

Barb said...

The booth does look great!!! Good that you made a profit even tho sales were down.

Linda said...

Your booth really did look inviting. Sales of everything has been down lately. You just never know with sales if it will be a good day or bad. If you made your rent and still a little profit, you probably did better than most people!