Saturday, March 30, 2013

Project: Princess Dress

At the beginning of March I posted a finish of a dress I made for "Princess 2."  Needless to say, Princess 1 wants her dress also.  As these are spring/summer dresses, and the season is here, I decided I should drop my other projects and work on it.

Do you remember the problem I had last time?  I forgot the lining fabric.  Ha ha...I did it again!  No fear though.  I just went right ahead.  First I drafted the pattern on red dot tracing "paper." It is a multi-size pattern. This is really like an interfacing that is easy to see through.  Then I laid out the pieces and cut out the outside of the dress.

Are you surprised that my great-niece chose a batik fabric for her dress?  Ha ha...she says that purple is a princess color, so I had several purples/violet/lavender fabrics for her to choose from.   I am very happy that she picked this one. I think it will be a fun and unusual dress. The design on the fabric has lots of movement.  It is bright and happy looking.  I can hardly wait to get this made (hopefully in the next week) and get pictures of them in the dresses.

What is on your cutting table?

6 comments:

Barbara said...

It will be adorable, don't forget to post the finished dress. One puzzling thing...I can't believe you actually used a pattern!

Tangos Treasures said...

Cute!!`Can't wait to see it finished!!

Rhonda said...

You are a wonderful great-uncle!!

Marjorie said...

That is going to be a beautiful dress. Love the batik and the "princess" color. I have two little granddaughters, but only Kes claims to be a princess. Ezri's pretty much Ezri.

Cindy said...

I look forward to seeing the PURPLE PRINCESS dress.

Beth said...

That fabric is perfect for a princess. I can't wait to see the pictures.