Saturday, March 02, 2013

Saturday Fast "Finish"

Previously this morning I posted about my Saturday Start.   Well folks, I got going and sewed this little dress together in a short time.

It is basically finished.  I need to add some button loops and some buttons.  But those are inconveniently not where I can get to them. So I will get them tomorrow evening and fully finish this. However, I don't mind sewing on buttons. It is so SEW easy with my machine.
I added a step to this pattern since I know that the all cotton material with have to be ironed.  I top-stitched all  around the outer edges. Here is a great tip. For a close to the edge top-stitch use your zipper foot.

You can sew ever close to the edge and it will come out very neat.  Just do it slow and steady.

8 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Came out great!!!

Barbara said...

Cute little finish, Gene, and a great idea about the zipper foot. Now if I only knew how to use that zipper foot! Lol

JJ said...

Thats a great tip on using your zipper foot. I will have to give it a try the next time I make a little outfit for the grandkids.

Beth said...

Oh I was right, it is adorable. Great job Gene.

Barb said...

What a great tip. I want to see your machine.

Turned out wonderfully!

Sue said...

Great tip about the zipper foot and that wee dress is so cute.

Kate Brown said...

Thats a cute little dress! I will have to try the zipper foot for topstitching. It sounds like a great idea :)

Royce said...

So cute and the zipper foot tip is one I'll have to remember. Top stitching isn't an easy thing for me I seem to waver all over the place.