Wednesday, December 18, 2013

In Progress

My scarf is still on the loom.  I have had other things that I had to do - it is that time of year isn't it?

I took this from this seemingly odd angle so that you can see the cloth(scarf) wrapping around the cloth rod. That shows that I have made progress. (although not nearly enough.)

I also embroidered some towels to give as inexpensive gifts.  The simply do not photograph well.  But here are the pictures, such as they are.

The brown ones photgraphed much better.  The one on the left has "white spots" showing.  That is a bit of leftover shine from the water soluble topping I used. I didn't have the iron-away type which is best for gifts as you don't have to wet the towels.  I did not wash them, but just sponged away the leftover topping. Those white spots show that I didn't get it all.  I must say that I like these sewn out on towels that don't have a pile on the surface. The delicate stitching on the background angels is much prettier on smooth fabric.  Lesson learned.

I just got a huge surprise!  I was looking at my youtube channel and I have 525 subscribers.  WOW! That may be more than follow my blog. That has made me smile and do a happy dance.

I hope your projects are moving along or perhaps you are finished -if so, I congratulate you.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

8 comments:

Beth said...

The scarf is looking good!!! Always so much to do this time of year.
Hope you get all your must dos done and get some time to relax and enjoy.

Marjorie said...

The scarf is beautiful. I made some Christmas towels this year for the first time. Shipped them off to my daughter yesterday. But I'm going to make more. Also made some Christmas napkins which I wrote about on the Craftsy blog. There's a link to a tutorial for Nine Minute Napkins on my blog--I think you'll love making them this way.

You now have 526 subscribers as I just subscribed. Watched your bias binding video--it is great. Love your British accent :)

Teresa Quilts said...

I really need to figure out how to get myself an embroidery machine where I can personalize gifts and make them extra special. Your scarf is beautiful as usual and so are the towels. You do awesome work!!!

Jeanna said...

I'm number 528 Gene!

I still really like those angels :)

Lorna McMahon said...

I, too, am always disappointed when pictures don't do justice to the project being shared. But I think those towels look fantastic! Congrats on the subscribers! And Merry Christmas Gene!

Snoodles said...

Love the scarf, but the towels blow me away...beautiful! Congrats on your youtube milestone!

Renee said...

Those angels are lovely, deffinitely showing up better on the brown!

Barbara said...

Not home yet, but checking in. Love you weaving!