Sunday, December 22, 2013

More Stitched Gifts and Play Time

I made several embroidered towels for Christmas presents for friends.  I used this angel design set that you have seen some of previously.
The brown ones are for a co-worker who is struggling with a medical issue.
 Looking at the close-up you can see that the angel is a lovely sketched looking design.  I adore the effect that these make.
Close-up

The green ones were for a friend that we often meet at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants to have supper with on a Friday night.  Seriously, we first meet IN the restaurant. I think some things are just meant to be.

Saturday morning I did some playing with my wonky 9-patch blocks. I made a few more and then did a sample layout.
The two blocks at the bottom, while I love them, they don't speak the same language.  So they will either go in another quilt or maybe on the back of this one.  Looking at the upper left I can see how much fun this would be using one fabric in every block and many other fabrics for the secondary color. For these  blocks you start with two squares and layer them to cut. By using one fabric consistently for ONE of the colors, all of the others would appear to be scattered over the quilt top.  I will put that on my "I wanna make" list. Ha ha.  I will never finish everything on that list unless I live a very long life.
Do you have one of those lists?


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

oh yes I have one of those lists. I would have to live FOREVER to finish everything on it. ha ha
I like how you think. The same color used in each block would make a neat quilt.

Vicki W said...

Those towels are lovely gifts! It's strange how that one set of blocks doesn’t fit in. You would think that they would since the red and light blocks go so well. Funny how our quilts talk!

suemac said...

I love the angel pattern. So pretty.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your idea for the next wonky 9 patch sounds great. This is how a series is started......

Barbara Arcement said...

I agree the purple and white don't really blend with the rest. Perhaps using only color with color is best and use the ones you do with white on the back of the quilt. It is always so interesting to visit your blog and get fun ideas for projects!
Love the angels too.
hugs
beebee

ShirleyC said...

Those angels are beautiful! I'd love to know where they came from.

Barbara said...

Lovely towels! Perfect for Christmas. And I always love your wonkies. :) Merry Christmas!

Jeanna said...

The wonky blocks are coming along...what fun.

I really like the angels on the waffle (?) towels, low pile...where did you find those treasures?

I need a list for all of my lists.

Rhonda said...

Hi Gene. I hope you have a great Christmas. Love the T-towels. They make wonderful gifts!!

soscrappy said...

I have one of those lists as well. It keeps getting longer and if I'm to finish off even a portion of it, I must be destined to live a long long time. Good luck crossing some off the list this year as well as adding more to it. For isn't that all part of the fun?