Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ooops!

Yes, that is what I said "Ooops!"

I made Christmas presents for some co-workers, but I forgot to take pictures. I thought of it as I was tying the bow on the last package. (great timing, huh?)

So I decided that I would take pictures when they opened the packages. And that would have worked, but OOPS!   I knew my niece was going to have a minor surgery, it was scheduled at 6:30 a.m.  I planned to be there then go to work. It was rescheduled to 5:30 (ugh, have to get up awfully early, but better for getting to work)  I was there at 5:30.  I had the presents in my car trunk.  Perfect, right?
OOPS!  When I left, just in time to get to work, she was still in holding and waiting to be taken back. So I told her hubby to "let me know when she goes back..." etc.  

I got to work and chaos had ensued.  The night before my boss had been called into an investigation and it had blown up into a major thing. Presents were opened quickly when we had a break - but OOPS, I was in work mode and forgot all about pictures.

So I will share it this way. I took bought kitchen towels and used my embroidery machine. As I had five gifts to give I chose the designs. But when I sewed out the first one, I decided to make at least one more of it.
That was this design
It sewed out simply lovely.  So I did another but used a variegated green and yellow thread.
Then I did this design on one, but I did two snowflakes,  I wanted three but only two would fit in the hoop..
Next up was this angel
I used a gold for the larger angel and medium blue for the smaller angel.  And I did two of them with the smaller angels facing.
Next I used this angel
I used a gray thread that looked like pencil sketching for the angel and a bright red for the dove design. I put two of them and had the doves facing.   this was my favorite.

All of the designs came from Embroidery Library.  It is my "go to" place for embroidery designs in a hurry. All of these were already purchased.  But my favorite thing is that you can sign in and see your order history and download your design again. (so great if your computer dies and you have lost your designs!)

I also made an owl potholder for one of the girls. But that is a private joke!

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

12 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful work Gene!

Teresa Quilts said...

These make me want an embroidery machine even more. :D Beautiful!

Pat said...

I like them all but the snowflake is my favorite. I think that is because it looks, to me, like a quilt design. I'm sure your co-workers enjoyed their gifts. I'm wondering if the potholder recipient isn't much of a cook and then it would be funny to have an owl on her potholder with the caption "Look WHOOOO's cooking!" I'm glad your niece is doing well.

Tangos Treasures said...

Just Beautiful!! Hope your niece is doing well!!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Very creative and beautiful Gene -- good for you! Thanks so much for sharing - it's inspiring! Karen on Keuka

suemac said...

I do enjoy my embroidery machine when I have time. I need to get the tension adjusted and have not gotten to it yet.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Embroidery Library is my go to place also. I love the fact we can go back and download our designs again, or even just the color sheet if we need it.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I am sure all of your co-workers were very happy to receive such beauties. Hope your day is quieter than yesterday.

JJ said...

Very pretty designs, I am sure that the loved them. Sorry that it was such a hectic day for you. I hate those especially at work.

Beth said...

They look beautiful!!!! I love the angels.

Snoodles said...

Beautiful! I'm sure they will be well loved!

Jeanna said...

Oh Gene, all of the embroidery designs are beautiful, I especially LOVE the angel.

I have a Brother Innovis 1200 that I've made gifts with in the past. For a combined birthday / Christmas gift, I just got the Quattro 3. I've had it for two weeks, broke 3 needles on the first project...put the machine away until after the holidays. Can't wait to learn everything about the new machine but now is not the time.

Thanks for the reference to Embroidery Library...I'll check it out when I'm brave enough to bring out the new machine again.