Saturday, September 13, 2014

Charming Batiks - Getting there

You may remember that I started a quilt top using batiks and charm squares.

I am slowly working on this top and just enjoying the process.  Friday evening I laid out the squares to see how far along I have gotten.
I have 49 of the 6 1/2" squares.  I want to add a few more inset circles. Since I am out of freezer paper at the moment that will have to wait.  The technique I am using for the circles uses freezer paper.  I have non-crafty/sewing plans for today so I don't have to rush out and buy the freezer paper.
I hope you have a great weekend. The promised cooler weather is here and I am enjoying the open windows. Yesterday we were in the 90's again. I am happy for the relief.



My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Gene, a big cool down here-40 degrees here this morning-that's a record for this time of year--loving your quilt top so far-looking awesome and very creative.
when you cut strips of fabric for weaving how wide do you cut them. I found yards of fabric that someone gave me about 10 years ago and it was an old piece when she had it-the strips will need to be folded in as the print does not go through to the other side-but then that might get the weaving more depth too if some of the faded print on the underside showed through
enjoy the cool down

suemac said...

It is raining here in Texas and we have had cool down. Feels good after being in the 90's although we are headed back to hot next week.

Jeanna said...

Cooler weather sounds great...enjoy!

Beth said...

Great progress on the quilt.
In the 80's a couple of days ago and humid. This morning it was 48. Brrr too much too soon. :)

Barbara said...

I "liked" this on FB, that is yesterday when I was still in good standing on FB...not so much today, see my blog. Anyhow, I do like this top coming together. It has your signature wonky and colorful look!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oooo....ooooo....ooooo I love those batiks! Great combinations.

Smiles,
Kelly