Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Sewing Circles and Winners

After posting about my use of LapelStick to sew circles, one of the comments led me to find a new-to-me method.  So I tried it.  Then I had the idea to check The Quilt Show for past videos.  If you are a member there, show 704  has the innovative woman who shared this showing even more.  She had moved on from perfect circles to organic circles.  One of mine in the photo below is an organic circle.

And now for the LapelStick winners:  
Random.org picked #1 (yes really!) Sophie who shared this technique with me. 

and #9 Barbara 

Ladies,  you will be hearing from me. But if you read this first please send me a mailing address.  
Thanks. 

I also did more weaving as I am working on making enough of this fabric: 
to complete a jacket for myself for cooler weather. 

I hope you are having a great week. 


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Barb said...

Congrats to the winners....love love your weaving!!

Beth said...

Congrats to the winners.
I can hardly wait to see that jacket all finished.

sophie said...

Goody! Thank you so much.

Barbara said...

Thanks Gene! I'm eager to try this non needle gumming product! ;) a question, is the weaving you are doing "Saori"? I may have missed something, and also I need a good definition of that kind of weaving.

Marjorie said...

Haven't read blogs in awhile--love, love, what you did with the weaving. Gorgeous colors and design. And don't you just love glue--it's also great for holding and re-adjusting borders until you can get them to the machine.

Average Quilter said...

You are getting so good with your weaving. It's going to be an awesome jacket when you finish

Jeanna said...

Congratulations to your lucky winners!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this wonderful fabric that you are weaving.