Monday, September 08, 2014

I Made it Happy

Remember how the t-shirt I sewed the woven fabric on didn't work for me.  It didn't fit my niece either (it was HUGE on her.)  So I ripped away the tshirt and saved my woven fabric.

I used another black t-shirt and played around with ideas.  Somehow, I took Vicki's idea but twisted it a bit.
Rather than taking a panel down one side, i went from the right shoulder on an angle. Then I cut another strip and went from the left sleeve to meet the first strip.
It makes me happy!

I wore this to our church picnic Sunday. One of our members was taking pictures, so a friend and I did a silly pose.
Sharing a hotdog!
The picnic was held at a pavilion on the lake which is right across the street from our church.  It was a beautiful day, although very hot and humid. I burn easily so I stayed out of the sun as much as possible.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a very happy week.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

Pat said...

You are so creative!!! The shirt looks nice and I"m glad you had a good parish picnic. Ours was yesterday, too. We have it at the diocesan camp, which is on a small bay only about 5 miles from our church building. It is always a great time....but nobody there had such a great shirt as you wore to your picnic!

Tangos Treasures said...

The shirt looks great! Love the pictures.

Teresa Quilts said...

Shirt looks awesome oh creative one. LOL I do like this one better than the first one. Have a great day!

kathyinozarks said...

I love how you salvaged your weaving too-cool idea! picnic sounds fun

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with all of the above - "Oh Creative One" - your shirt is VERY creative - and I like that it makes you happy! Thanks for sharing the photos - looks like a fun time! - ;))

Susan said...

I love it!

Beth said...

That lovely woven "fabric" looks great on your shirt. An art shirt. :)

Jeanna said...

Love it! You should have enough of your woven fabric left to make a few shirts, maybe in different colors.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

YOu did great with the remake of he woven fabric t-shirt. I love it, Gene. Picnic looks like a good time was had by all !~!

Barbara said...

Very cool! At first I thought X marks the spot, but then I saw it's more of a Y! No matter which, it's neat!