Thursday, September 11, 2014

Weaving -Orange is the new Wow

I have been weaving on a wonderful Saori premade warp. I call it orange but it has been listed as both persimmon and sienna.   I will call it orange.  The warp (the threads of the fabric that run parallel with the selvedge) was a challenge to me as I didn't love orange so much. Or at least that was what I thought.  The warp was six meters long (about 19.65 feet or more than six yards.)

Now I have this lovely fabric which I had to just drape around me.
I love it and want it to become a knockout piece of clothing for me to wear.   I hope to show it to you in weeks to come. I may be chicken to cut into it because I love it so much.

Linking this up for Link A Finish Friday.


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

9 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I love it too Gene-gorgeous fall colors

Barbara said...

Oh dear, a dilemma. I have trouble cutting into a piece of fabric I've bought, not made, just because I love it. Good luck with that!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I love it too! I have had "orange" on my "want to do" list for a while now - and after seeing how well yours turned out - I may push it up higher on the list. Thanks for sharing - ;))

Vicki W said...

That's a beautiful piece of fabric.

Barb said...

You have really mastered the weaving, looks fabulous

Jeanna said...

You are certainly weaving some magic these days Gene. Go ahead and cut into it...you can always weave more :)

Beth said...

I do love that orange in there. Really pops all the colors. I am sure that I would not want to cut into that lovely piece, but I am sure you will use it and it will be awesome.

suemac said...

So pretty. I would hate to cut into it too.

Jean(ie) said...

That is stunning! You have a winner there. Such beautiful color!