Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sewing Chemo Caps

You may remember that I made Chemo Caps for my Aunt a while back.  Recently I discovered that a lady I know and think highly of has started Chemo also.  I sent her a message to find out the colors that she likes.  I am not sure I nailed it with my fabric choices, but I tried to make these pretty and happy looking.

Each of these are reversible so while there are four pictures, there are only two caps.  I also have a no-sew woven cap that I will be giving her.

As you can see the aqua blue one is lined with a butterfly designed fabric. 

Or is the butterfly cap lined with blue? 

The red an purple one is lined with a multi colored granite textured design fabric 

And here is the multi-colored one, I forgot to tie the ties on it when I was taking photos. 

The pattern I used is at THIS LINK  It is a PDF pattern.  Be sure that your print settings are set to actual size and NOT fit to page. 


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gene,
You are the most wonderful person to be making these beautiful caps for your friend. I wear a head covering daily because I have thin hair and I don't want to wear a wig. If I could sew, I'd probably have hundreds of them but I rely on the dear sellers at Etsy to make mine. A fellow blogger friend of mine did a post about me and my headwraps. If you're interested, you can read it here:

http://www.cozinest.net/a-fashion-wrap/

Barbara Arcement said...

your hats are so nice.
thanks for the link to get the pattern. I am going to try making one.
beebee

Barbara said...

Very good of you, Gene. They are lovely and surely add a bit of colorful joy. I'm leaving you a link for whatever it's worth to anyone who sees this. I have a friend, once a vet tech but then a cancer patient, and her experience led her to do something similar to what you are doing. She was even recognized by a reality show that treated her to a sewing room makeover because of her selfless work. I can see your caps going very well with her Hug Wraps...now an incredible non profit that she runs. Incredibly, she sews each and every Hug Wrap herself. Her motto is "Wear something louder than cancer!" Her web site is an inspiration. Be sure to explore it thoroughly.
http://hugwraps.org

Barb said...

What fun caps...I am sure this will brighten up her day!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those caps are GREAT! I like the fact that they are reversible - making two caps in one - and your color combo choices are sure to brighter her day! Thank you for sharing the link! - ;))

And I think the butterfly cap is lined with blue - ;))

Beth said...

Those caps are so beautiful. They will be functional and beautiful and some encouragement all in one.

Marjorie said...

I know she will love them. Makes me want to make some caps too.