Saturday, September 06, 2014

Sewing Success

After the T-shirt sewing not making me happy, I decided to do some sure-fire "happy making" sewing.
You may remember that I started a quilt using batiks and charm squares.  I was going to make my version of a Yellow Brick Road.  But then I found the six minute circle and added some inset circle squares.
So I decided to just mix it up and have fun with it. No plans except block size and fabrics.

So here are the blocks I made to do some happy sewing:
And here are some of the previously made blocks


I have a few more "starting squares" cut
and a bit more fabric under the arm of the machine. I was expecting a possible guest so I neatened up the area.
The charm squares are hiding inside that roll of fabrics.  I do love my batiks.

Now I think I will attack that t-shirt and remove my woven fabric and see what I can do with it.


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

9 comments:

sarah c said...

Great batik prints. Can hardly wait to see how it comes out.

Laura said...

Love the happy blocks!

Beth said...

Those colors alone make me happy. :)
I look forward to seeing how you put them together.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

You're taking a page from the same book I use most often: build blocks out of fabrics you like. Mash them together into a pleasing [pattern and Viola! A new flimsy. These colors you are using are superb in my view-they remind me of the water's edges upon which I grew up and continue to reside close to.

Barbara said...

This must be Saori quilting...no plan, just have fun! Awesome!

Jeanna said...

I love working with batiks and your colors are pretty. So I take it then that the shirt didn't work for your niece either. Well, it will be interesting to see what you do next.

JJ said...

I want to do some happy sewing but feel like I need to finish the projects I have started.

kathy said...

Happy creating.

suemac said...

Good luck with the t'shirt quilting and have fun with your happy quilting.