Tuesday, March 10, 2015

EQ7- Playing with Design

Electric Quilt version seven (aka EQ7) is a very fun quilt design software. This morning I started it up and added two blocks to my sketchbook from the Block Library that is included.
I am not telling you which two blocks, but for a bit of fun will let you see if you can figure it out.

The first one I call "Soda Shoppe" if you look the red sections form Strawberry Soda bottles and the yellow sections form Lemon Soda.  The little blue squares make the soda bottle caps.

The next colorway I am calling "Blue Pop" even though it somewhat loses the design. The blue was my first coloration. It also somewhat "gives away" the blocks used.
Do you ever play with quilt design to see what you may want to make later?

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love EQ...use it to play around with color and the layout. Great source for blocks and I love to juggle the size of patterns with it. I would not have thought to put the bow tie with the square in square like this!

suemac said...

I spy a bow tie. I just got the bow tie die. I can use it for the Gene Black scrap taming method.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I think that Debbie nailed it - bowtie and square-in-a-square - ;)) Nice combo!! - ;))
I like to play with EQ7 - and have more "projects" than I could ever finish in a dozen lifetimes - ;))