Monday, February 18, 2019

3 More Sampler Blocks

Today was pretty but cold. I did all my chores and then after supper I made three more blocks for the LHQSQ (Sampler Quilt.)

I am not sure I can tell you the names of these. I know the first one is Thrifty.
The next one she has listed as Double X No. 1

Then there is this one,  a Four-Patch Chain


But this last one is not in the Quilt Along at all.  Rather I took the leftover pieces and decided to make my own block.  So, unless someone knows a "proper" name for it I am calling it "Monday Leftovers."

Honestly, I really like this little block. The quarter-square triangles combine with the half-square triangles to make an interesting block.

Do you ever create your  own blocks just for fun? I find it entertaining. For me it is like playing with some of the tangram puzzles I did as a pre-teen.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your "Monday Leftovers" block!! Very creative!! There are sooooo many possibilities with mix-and-match Squares/HST/QST in a simple 9-patch. Your block would make a very nice full-sized quilt - ;))

Barbara said...

My fave is the second photo. I always like distinct contrast, and that one seems to have it the most. That said, I can see a quilt of any of these blocks being striking. Their bright colors carry them!

Jeanna said...

All of those blocks are nice and especially the Monday Leftovers. The fabrics are fabulous, too :)

Rhonda said...

I love all of them. I'm so happy that someone is sewing and getting things done. Good for you!!!