Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Real Cut-up

I spent a day being a real cut-up.  You see the cutting directions for the Daisy Chain Quilt Along were posted on Monday.   My choice is to make the throw sized quilt for this one.

I got my rotary cutter and mat ready and the fabrics pressed and neat for cutting.  But I noticed that a couple of the sizes of cuts would work with Accuquilt dies that I have. So I pulled out my Accuquilt Cutter and those dies.  Here  are my stacks of fabric all ready to make into a quilt.
















Those stacks are each labeled with the letter from the cutting instructions as well as the size and number cut.  I am trying to be really organized for this quilt along so that I finish it in the appropriate time frame.  This should also be a lesson to keep me on-track for other projects.
You may notice that the purple and aqua/teal fabrics are still wrapped on the cardboard mini-bolts. That is because I will pick which one to use and cut those strips (2 1/2") as I need them. It is likely that I will use them both.  I also have jelly roll leftovers for the scrappy fabrics listed in the cutting - but I may choose to cut those from yardage as I go along also.

I have finished all of the blocks for my "Left Handed Sampler" quilt along quilt.  My plan is to use adding the sashings and cornerstones as "fill-in" time between other projects. I am sure I will show some of those as it progresses.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Turid said...

You have such great order. I never wait until I've cut out all the pieces, and I always say to myself that next time.... Beautiful colours you've got.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your colors!! It's great that you have dies in the sizes you need - that saves a lot of time. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress - ;))

Jeanna said...

Very nice fabric selection. The Accuquilt Go cutter sure makes short work of prepping the fabrics, doesn't it?

Barb said...

I enjoy seeing how you organize your projects.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like the bright colorful fabric you are using for these.

Barbara said...

As always, unplanned yet methodical! I don’t know how that happens, Gene, but that’s what I feel from your quilt-making. Always one of a kind results, yet somehow pre-planned. It must be creativity at the highest level!

Alison V. said...

These look great, Gene! I am so excited to see your units starting next week!