Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Fabrics for the Daisy Chain QAL

As I told you about the Daisy Chain Quilt Along,  I have picked my fabrics for it and they are separated from my "stash" so that I don't accidentally use them in something else.

Here are my selections.
The orange will be my background fabric. The yellow with multicolor circles will be my focal fabric.  I will be using both the purple and aqua as my accent fabric (because I couldn't choose just one.) The strips will be my assorted scrappy or coordinating fabrics.

But if I change my mind about the assorted scrappy strips or need to supplement them, I can also use the black version of the circle print!  That might be more fun.  What do you think?

Are you going to join in the Daisy Chain Quilt Along?


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

“And awaaay we go...” quote Jackie Gleason. Once your fabrics and colors are chosen, that’s the mantra. It will be no time before we see some results. I’m going to watch a bit more before deciding to jump in...have fun!,

Alison V. said...

This is going to be bright and fun! I like the idea of two colors for your accent fabric -- I think it'll be a fun change in the quilt.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your fabric choices - so bright and cheerful!! I'll be watching but not joining in this time - and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create - ;))

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, those fabrics will certainly catch the eye....LOVE THEM

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous fabrics - I think it will be lovely - and thank goodness you have a backup with that black.

JJ said...

I cant wait to see what you make out of those fabrics.

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene, I like you focus fabric! The black might compete with the focus ... but it might be fantastic as a border! Just my opinion, since you did ask! :-)
This QAL / mystery should be fun!
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca

Jeanna said...

Disney may be the happiest place on earth but you MUST have the happiest sewing room on earth. This is proven by the joyful fabrics you pull for projects. I'm just saying 'no' to new sew alongs for a while. I am already playing along with a couple and look forward to getting them over with. (I didn't mean that as badly as it sounded.)

Vasudha said...

I love the bright colors you picked. The bright multi-color along with solids for accent and background will be a great combo.

Kate said...

Love the orange as you background with the yellow focus fabric. Looking forward to seeing each version of the mystery come together.