Saturday, March 23, 2019

Spring is in the Air

With Spring in the Air,  I have pulled out an older piece that I started.  After starting it, I was completely stumped as to which way to go. 

Perhaps I have "grown" as a designer, because I put it on a portable design board, took a photo, and started designing. 
The "raw" piece on the design board.
I put the photo into PhotoShop Elements and cropped it into a square.  
This will be much easier to design into a quilt.

Next, I opened EQ8 and imported the photo to my sketchbook.  I used a custom quilt set as my base design.  That is the easy way to use multiple block sizes on one quilt.  I spent some time playing and came up with this:

Of course, I don't have those exact fabrics - so when I start doing this for real, I will have to pull up the file and add the chosen fabrics and look to be sure I love it as much as I love this coloration.
Until then, I can keep this idea safely tucked away.  I do love the purples and yellows in this.  I may have to "acquire" these fabrics to make it just like this.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That's really pretty!! - Spring in definitely in the Air - ;))

Joyce Carter said...

Gene, that is one gorgeous piece. I really love the way it looks.
Today was a very beautiful day--definitely Spring is in the air.

Barb said...

This will be one awesome quilt!!

Kathleen said...

Acquire you will...looks great and now tha you have a plan, you just need a bit more stash.

Debbie said...

Very pretty! Love the different design element you are trying.

Frog Quilter said...

Love it. You are so talented!!!

Quilting Gail said...

It looks great in EQ ... I'm sure it will look even better when it's done!
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca

Danice G said...

Beautiful Gene. I love purple and yellow contrasted.