Saturday, March 02, 2019

Blocks Made -Possible Layout

As you may know, I have been working on the LHQSQ 2.0 quilt along blocks of my choice.  I opted to change the shape of the quilt from square to a long rectangle as I find that more useful in a smaller quilt. 
Here are my blocks and a possible layout for them.
I will also be changing the sashing strips to 2 1/2" wide (finish at 2".)  I am still unsure about the color or colors I will use for that.  I am thinking of using the 2 1/2" squares of Kaffe fabric that I have left over for the cornerstones.  However, at the moment this has been moved to the back burner to simmer for awhile. 

If the weather permits, we will be going today to photograph my March challenge quilt for Island Batiks.  I am also working on my April challenge quilt.  These will be fun to share with you at the appropriate time.  The March challenge is called Vintage Reimagined.  Mine is a bit of a mashup version with some fun design elements added.  I can hardly wait to show it to you.  I am rather proud of how it came out.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your blocks are SO colorful and cheerful - THANKS for playing along!! Looking forward to seeing what you use for the border blocks and sashing. I'm also looking forward to seeing your March and April challenge quilts - hopefully sometime soon - LOL - ;))

Barbara said...

Lovely, I always like an on-point design!

Rhonda said...

I see many possibilities!!! You go Gene!!!

Jeanna said...

I really your blocks, Gene. The top right one is one of my favorites as it reminds me of a Lilly Pulitzer design. Your layout option is nice, too.

Kathleen said...

This looks really nice!!