Saturday, July 20, 2019

A Little Project

Way back in 2012,  I won a cute little wall hanging kit.  It has been floating around in my stash since then.  So I decided to pull it out and have a fun little project to play with.
This little project took about a day to complete with interruptions and not stressing or working too hard.

The fabrics were all included, except the backing and the fusible. The instructions called for "Wonder Under" but I had some Heat 'n' Bond Lite so that is what I used.   I made another small change or two in my version. But it came out well anyway.

 I just love this.  It reminds me of a friend who always signs off "Gotta Go, Gotta Sew!"   

Now I am wondering if I can count this as two quilt finishes.  You see the "little quilt" is made separately.   The instructions said to "applique it to the quilt top."  I opted to attach it, but leave it partially free.
This was a fun little project.  
And isn't that why we quilt?  For fun?
I know I wouldn't do it if I didn't find some fun and satisfaction in quilting. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE it, too! Especially the little quilt that is attached but not sewn down completely. And yes - I quilt for FUN, too. If it stressed me out - I wouldn't do it for long - life is too short - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

I definitely know who you are talking about. I love it!!!!! And the baby quilt too. Is it a really baby quilt or a piece of fabric.

Barbara said...

So colorful, it was meant for you!

Pamela Arbour said...

That is just darling. You are right. We have to have fun! I hope you are hanging it in your sewing area. It should bring a smile to you every day.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That is TOO CUTE. He reminds me of Felix The Cat and now I will probably be singing about him all day, lol.
xx, Carol

Kathleen said...

A fun little finish. I have been using heat n bond light a lot lately and have been very pleased.. I like that you let the quilt free. Always good to have your own touches.

Vicki in MN said...

Can you count it as 2 projects finished-sure why not, haha! Leaving the little quilt hang free just makes it more fun Gene.

Debbie said...

Cute project! Yep, 2 finishes....but who is counting?

Marlene said...

Perfect for the sewing room of a quilter. I love it.

Jeanna said...

Cute little wall hanging and yes, I was reminded of a certain quilter who has that sign off :)

Hope you are staying cool in Alabama!

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

I love this! And leaving the little quilt partially loose is genius. Two finishes it is!