Wednesday, July 10, 2019

To Market, To Market With my New Bag

Here is a fun project that I can share with you.  One of my fellow Island Batik Ambassadors blogged about making a Market Bag.  She also shared that if you join the Facebook Group  "Annie's Quilting Group" that you can get the pattern free. 

Since I was looking for an easy project, and it used 5" squares, I decided to just do it.  I had a pack of Moda "Cherish Nature" - or at least enough of it to make this work.  You need 35 squares.

I started sewing squares together randomly.  
Then I thought,  "I need to make it so the same color isn't side by side."  I mostly succeeded...  

.....................except for those two green squares  on the left. 

Therefore the other side is  the front!

This is a fun bag to make and if you are adventurous you could probably change the design a bit.  You could certainly piece blocks that would come out to 5 inches square to use in it.  You could use three  5 inch strips or...... well you see that it is pretty easy to change up the design of the other shell.

If you make one, please show it.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Looks very, very nice, not too hard, and environmentally sensitive. Just think of all the paper and plastic bags you won’t use!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You're so funny! "Therefore the other side is the front!" - BOTH sides look good to me - ;))

Debbie said...

lol....I love both sides! I saw this bag posted around on FB. Thanks for sharing some details on it.

Marie said...

Really like the bag and the fact it is an easy something to do. Thanks for posting, Hugs, Marie