Sunday, July 28, 2019

August Will Be Here Soon

Yes indeed, Only a few short days and August will be here.  Why is that great?   In August, the Island Batik Ambassadors will have a blog hop showing the Spring fabric lines. These Spring lines are already showing up in stores - you see the lines debut at Spring Quilt Market and then the stores can order them.  Stores generally get them in Summer or early Fall.  I am excited to show you my quilt, but we have to wait.  My day is August 14th.

Meanwhile- I am working on my quilt for September.  That quilt challenge is called "Child's Play."  There are rules for the size.  We must use the Accuquilt Go! Block on Board die that was included in the box we received in July.  You may remember that I got the spiderweb die. I used it to make this section of a block.
Electric Desert Fabrics with black and the Doughnut blender fabric.
That is one fourth of a spiderweb block.  No one said we had to use the entire block - although in September, you will see that I did.

I have also cut some border strips that I will be sewing on today.
That yellow is called Tossed Seeds while the blue/yellow print is called Meadow.
Those names fit well with the subject of my quilt.  
But I am saving the subject as a surprise for September

For now I am going to sew the borders on. Then, hopefully, I will have plenty of time to play with the quilting before September rolls around. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Unrelated, it’s great August is almost here because we will be closer to the end of this awful summer! You ambassadors are so very talented! You are also very good at keeping your blog audience’s guessing! Eager to see it all, including the subject.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You are such a tease! Can't wait for August 14th - and for September - to see what you've been up to - ;))

Kathleen said...

I like the part of the spiderweb you sewed. I am away from my August quilt and know it will be done promptly upon my return but it is making me anxious. Kuddos to you for being so ahead!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well you certainly pumped up our curiosity! Even so, I am in no hurry for August OR September. The older I get the faster time flies.
Carol