Friday, February 28, 2020

A Sunset Melody

Suddenly the realization came.  This piece of stitches and dyed fabric is like a song about a sunset.

Okay maybe I am being a bit melodramatic.

 As I was stitching along on it, I suddenly realized that all it needed was the final quilting stitches and some finishing work.  As yet, it isn't completely finished.  Still,  it has been quilted and an edge finish has been applied.  It needs to be mounted so that it can hang on the wall, but I need to go shopping for the pieces I need for that bit.

It is too difficult to keep from you, so I am going to show it as is.

 A lot of the variegated hand dyed threads came from Laura Wasilowski at Artfabrik
It is not laying completely flat right now, but that will be fixed once it is mounted.  I am very happy with the way this came together.  I did a lot of playing with stitch patterns as it went along.

I have yet to decide definitely which way should  be "up" on this, but a landscape orientation is the way I am loving it right now.  I am sure I will change my mind a few more times.  I think I will enjoy looking at it for a while.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Turid said...

Love it.

Vicki W said...

Looks like the beginning of a series!

Debbie said...

Yes, yes, yes! Perfect name for this and it does look like a wonderful sunset. Just beautiful! I agree with Vicki....a series to come!

KaHolly said...

Wow, Gene, this piece is extraordinary! Well done!

Barbara said...

Yes, it flows in landscape orientation! Definitely do more, and let, us know if so much tiny hand stitching causes a peaceful feeling. Could the “melodramatic” in you be coming out as you quietly stitch at play rehearsals? Hehe

Kathleen said...

I like it as a landscape and I love Laura’s threads! This looks to be so much fun!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it!! - I agree - it looks like the beginning of a series - keep going - I'm looking forward to seeing more of these - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Wonderful! Bright & cheerful!
When you mount it, make sure that you do it so it can hang any way ... that way you can move it around when you want to!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very nice!