Tuesday, February 04, 2020

This and That - Catching Up

Life is interesting and sometimes I forget to blog.  I am sorry about that.

So what is going on?  In the past week I have auditioned for two plays.  First, I auditioned to be in the ensemble/chorus for "My Fair Lady" - that was Tuesday, January 28th. For that audition, I sang "Stars" from the musical "Les Miserables."  I think I did well.
 Then last night, Monday February 3rd, I auditioned for a small role in "Clue," a play based on the 1985 movie.  The director asked why I wasn't auditioning for one of the main roles.  I explained that my life is just a bit too busy to learn all of those lines. But, I was thrilled that he saw the potential for me to be more. 

Meanwhile,  I have been creating with my hands - as it seems I will never be able to just stop. 

I took some woven fabric and embellished a work shirt to cover the work logo and update the shirt - to make it more "me."
This is a rare selfie photo. And you can see my new eyeglasses!
I think it works.  I see that my collar was flipped up.  I sorted that out before I left the house.

I also experimented with a weaving technique  that I had not previously tried although I have known how it works for a while.
You can see that the top and bottom sections are woven right through each other to create a cross shaped piece. This will make a fun hanging to put where it will catch the breeze and turn.  I wove the center section as one single piece just out of curiosity. I wanted to see how it would work out.

And finally,  my name came up on the library's hold list for a book that I want to read.  It is titled simply "Me"  by Elton John.  I started to edit out the flash from my camera, but then thought "Elton was frequently subjected to the camera flash" -so I left it in.


I hope I am living my best life - combining all of my interests and moving along. 

Oh yes, I got the first section of the "Night Sky" quilt quilted.  The rest of it is in the "wait a minute" pile.  But it shouldn't be there too long.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Barb said...

You are one busy person, I hope you get the role. I do love the weaving you did and your shirt....your creativeness has not end.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You are a busy little bee!! I hope you get the parts that you want in the plays - and have fun! Your shirt looks great and the weaving is interesting - I've never seen anything cross-woven like that. And I'm looking forward to your review of "Me" - ;))

Quilting Tangent said...

Very creative shirt. Next time make the whole shirt from the weave. Good luck with the plays.

Barbara said...

Cool shirt remake! Definitely more you, also love the new glasses on you. The woven piece is intriguing! Very curious how you did it!

Kathleen said...

Love your weaving! The reworked shirt and the "wind scarf" are beautiful - each in their own way. Hope you get good news on one or both of your auditions!

Pamela Arbour said...

You have really been busy. Thanks for sharing.

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene,
Good luck with your auditions!
I love hearing about what you are doing ... and doing it just so you can be you! That's perfect, isn't it?
Happy Quilting, Weaving, Sewing, Creating!!! :-)
Quilting Gail

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I thought the flash in the picture was part of the cover. It would seem appropriate, after all. You hope you are living your best life. That resonated with me for most people, I think, are not. It makes me wonder what MY best life IS.
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

You are going to love Me! It was such a good book. Good luck with the auditions!