Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Sometimes you just have to.....

Sometimes an urge strikes and you just have to do something.  A little while back, I was looking at some things I did early in my quilting journey.   I had been loaned a book on Seminole quilt piecing.  I did a band and used it in a purse I made for a friend.
I have no pictures of that so I can't show you.

But I did order a book at a great bargain price of less than $6 shipped. It came in the mail a couple of days ago.  I just had to sit down and try some piecing in this style.

Here is the panel I have made with my piecing. 
I used two pieces of hand dyed fabric and one piece of solid green.  The panel is roughly 12 by 11 inches.  I have no idea what it will become, but it will become something.   Mardi Gras is coming up on February 25th.  These are the colors of Mardi Gras - purple, green and gold (yellow.)  So I will close out this post with a proper Mardi Gras slogan.  "Laissez les bons temps rouler"  which is French for "Let the Good Times Roll."    Of course, I am studying Spanish so I should also say, ""Que pasen los buenos tiempos"

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

This looks like the front of a long shoulder bag with a thin strap to me. Very pretty!

piecefulwendy said...

There are a few of us, lead by Sandra (mmmQuilts) who entertain squirrels (aka drop everything and make it projects) in our quilt rooms. I believe you have been visited by one. Fun little piece, and those colors are definitely Mardi Gras! You'll have to link this up with Sandra's DrEAMi linky party at the end of the month!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful little quilt. I love seminole piecing too. It is a fun accent strip too!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY nice!! I'm looking forward to seeing what it becomes - and YAY for you speaking Spanish AND French - ;))

Barb said...

That certainly is an eye catcher...LOVE IT

Sandra Walker said...

I did a lot of Seminole piecing many years ago. I even taught a class in my guild where we made a piece and applied it to a towel. I still use both of the towels today! Great colours and designs here. I need todo this again-batiks are perfect for it.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your little piece!
Isn't Seminole fun? All of those little pieces are made easy with stripping!
Happy Quilting! :-)