Tuesday, July 07, 2020

A Bit of Creativity

My creativity has been working "off and on" since the start of quarantine.  Some days I just don't feel it.  But some days, I go into gear and do things.

In the last couple of days, I have sewn more of the random piecing bits together.
Those bright and happy colors soothe my soul and help me to find peace within myself.  So it is a good thing!

I have also been doing more spinning fiber into yarn. (If only it were "straw into gold.")  My bobbin in filling up nicely.
In fact,  I wove up all of the rolags that I prepared and showed in the last post.  So I needed to make more of them.   It occurred to me that I had more silk fiber somewhere. If only I could find it!
I started to look for it and didn't get as deep into the search as I expected.  Why?  Because it was right there waiting for me.

I pulled all of it out of the plastic bags it was shipped in to show you.
It isn't all that pretty wadded up like that, but I knew it would be so nice blended with the bamboo fibers and made into more rolags.  This time I also added in some white "faux angora" - it is a super soft nylon fiber that spins nicely. 

I pulled out the blending board and started playing with fiber.  Fun fun FUN!  Before too long I had made these rolags for my next time at the spinning wheel.

I hope you can see how shiny these are. I love the wide variety of colors in this batch of rolags.  I will have lots of fun spinning them into yarn for more weaving.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Luscious spun yarn, and as always, a stunning display of colors!

Barbara said...

PS...meant to say the rolags show a lot of shine. And their colors are beyond stunning!

Frog Quilter said...

Oh what pretty eye candy. Love all the luscious colors.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - more pretty colors - in the blocks and the SHINY rolags - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Love that you are creating with beautiful colours!

Jeanna said...

All of the colors on this post made my mouth water...LOL! So cheerful and fun. I know what you mean about being off and on with creativity. I have been so "off" lately that I recently read four books five days. So NOT what I want to be doing. Maybe it has been the heat or maybe the pandemic is finally getting to me.