Thursday, July 02, 2020

More Experimental Piecing

The experimental piecing was a lot of fun, so I am continuing with it. What am I making?  Honestly, there is no grand plan.  I am simply enjoying the process. 

This piece was made using the leftover strip pieces from the previous one. 

I cut them into  pieces and sewed them into a new configuration. They were then bordered with other strips.

The next pieces were just sewn randomly - as I grabbed pieces from my messy pile that is almost in my sewing space.
The messy pile
No sizes that match up, but that can be fixed later.

Pieces that are not straight but have an angle add to the energy and interest of a design.  I really like the wild energy this adds to piecing. 

Meanwhile, I have been working on paintings also.  The one below is "maybe finished."  I haven't decided just yet.  I put it in two different orientations.  One looks truly abstract, while the other is an abstract landscape. 
I see a surprise in this version -and I like it. 

It also works "upside down"



Which of the three versions do you prefer?

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ooh - I LOVE your experimental piecing - sort of like "crumb" piecing - but with larger pieces. The "upside down" abstract painting is my favorite orientation - I like how the blue looks like the sky or the water - depending on which way you turn it - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

Love the beautiful scraps you are using for the wild piecing. Can’t wait for the reveal.

Barbara said...

The first truly abstract one is my favorite because a face jumped out at me, and I can’t unsee it, which is great! I love that.

Barbara said...

PS...not just a face, but a whole critter. More painting, please!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the 3rd orientation best.

Jeanna said...

I really like the batiks in the blocks you are making. The middle landscape orientation appeals to me the most but I find interest in all of them.