Friday, July 17, 2020

Hummingbird Finish - and a New Mask for Me

The hummingbird quilt was actually finished on Wednesday July 15th.   I have it hanging now, but it needs to be blocked so that it will hang straighter.

I am so happy with the quilting on this one.  
The center circle of tumblers are a higher relief than the rest of the quilt. 
They push out and create a dimensional frame around the image.
This is another image of some of the quilting. 
I just love these long-stemmed swirls with occasional pebbles.

Alabama just went under a mask order today. 
(Actually at 6 pm on July 16th.) 
I have been wearing a mask anytime I go into a public space.  
But I decided that I would like a new mask for me. 
I chose an old Laurel Burch fabric that I have had for a long time. 
I think it is  a fun print to use for a mask. 
I am sure that Mom won't like it because the print is of snakes.  
But I like the color and also today it matches my shirt.
And I think of the snakes like "germs" and they go on the OUTSIDE of the mask.
This mask is made using the Dhurata Davies Pattern.  Her disclaimer is that 
you can not sell masks made from this pattern.
You can use it to make masks for yourself and to donate. 

Stay Safe out there.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

This is the first mask I’ve seen with such complete coverage. I also like the thinking behind the snakes. I’m going to look at the pattern.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the new mask!

Your finished masterpiece is beautiful. I know you are proud of it!!!

Debbie said...

Wow, great finish and the quilting is wonderful. Very free and spontaneous, and just perfect for the subject. Nice mask and fits really well on you.

Jeanna said...

The hummingbird quilt turned into a beautiful piece of art. Love the mask!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with everyone else - the hummingbird quilt turned out GREAT! - and your mask fits you very well - ;))

Marguerita McManus said...

Gorgeous quilt and great mask!

Kathleen said...

What a great quilt. Your quilting is superb and your mask is fun. I know some won't like it (snakes) but it is fun to have choices.

Quilting Tangent said...

I like the hummingbird project and your masks. The snakes might help people keep away from you.

Vicki W said...

I'm waaayyyy behind in blog reading but this is what I like about blogging. The posts are always there and I can catch up whenever I have time. I live how your hummingbird turned out!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The hummingbird turned out nice. I wouldn't like the snakes either, but they do look like germs.